Home / 2010 / April

Monthly Archives: April 2010

Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth

The forth trip of the year to Mid Wales despite previous statements of not visiting again. With still no sign of any purchaser of the buildings the site continues to deteriorate with vandalism & copper/lead theft. Even the previous secure and tidy chapel & administration block are now falling into …

Read More »

Lancaster Moor Asylum, Lancaster

The County Lunatic Asylum, on Lancaster Moor, opened in 1816, and since enlarged, is a stately quadrangular building of stone, with a handsome front, relieved by pillars of the Doric order, and could hold up to 2,400 patients. The annexe completed in 1882 at a cost of £125,000, occupies a …

Read More »

Aust Ferry, Bristol

The Aust Ferry was a ferry service that operated across the River Severn in Gloucestershire, England, between the villages of Aust and Beachley. Operated by Enoch Williams of the Old Passage Severn Ferry Company Ltd. Initially this was only able to transport passengers with bicycles and motorbikes, but by 1934 …

Read More »