Pen-y-Fal Hospital, Abergavenny

Stopped for a quick look at the converted The Monmouthshire County Asylum, formerly known as the Joint Counties Asylum for Monmouthshire, Herefordshire, Radnorshire and Breconshire. Founded in 1846 it finally closed in 1996 before it was converted. Only the main building remains but it is wonderfully converted. The chapel sits empty like so many other converted sites.