Home / 2010 / May

Monthly Archives: May 2010

Holding Bros. Pottery, Oswaldtwistle

The Broughton Barn Pottery was founded on a large clay deposit on the windswept moors of Oswaldtwistle, this was dug, blended, washed and processed on site before it was thrown into pots. The Holding involvement came in 1842 with a small pottery nearby, 18 years later they moved to the …

Read More »

Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Factory, Bristol

Located in the Greenbank area of Bristol, the site dates back to 1881 and had many names & owners previous to Elizabeth Shaw. The site closed in October 2006 and has hevily deteriorated in years that followed. A second visit to this site, it’s state continues to deteriate.

Read More »

Rednaught Storm Drain, Bristol

The Malago Innterceptor storm drain pre dates dreadnaught by over 100 years.  It’s given the rednaught nickname due to its red brick construction.  A shorter storm drain but principly built with the same principle of ensuring excess rain flows out into the river Avon.

Read More »

Dreadnaught Storm Drain, Bristol

Built in 1974 the ‘dreadnaught’ storm drain runs from Bishopsworth through to an outfall on the diverted stream of the river Avon in Bedminster.  The drain runs almost paralell with the Souther foul water interceptor.

Read More »