St Edward’s Asylum was constructed between 1895 and 1899. It provided a welcome overflow to the nearby St Georges Asylum in Stafford and St. Matthew’s Asylum at Burntwood. It was later renamed to St Edwards Hospital. Set in an amazing woodland it has been carefully converted into residential use since closure of the hospital. By far the most impressive feature is the water tower now converted into apartments on 8 floors. The water tower in its original use could have held 161 tones of water.