The forth trip of the year to Mid Wales despite previous statements of not visiting again. With still no sign of any purchaser of the buildings the site continues to deteriorate with vandalism & copper/lead theft. Even the previous secure and tidy chapel & administration block are now falling into decay. The only thing left to do with the wards is to bring in the demolition ball. Perhaps the people who originally conducted the sale of the site should pay a visit and see what their actions brought.
The Mid Wales Hospital was a psychiatric hospital in Talgarth, Wales. It opened in 1906 and was formerly known as the Brecon and Radnor Joint Asylum or Mid Wales Counties Mental Hospital. It is in echelon style (narrow arrow)and at its peak could serve 1,000 patients.[clarification needed] However, nearer the end of its life, in 1995, this had dwindled to 168. The site was also home to the Mid and West Wales College of Nursing and Midwifery and the Powys Drugs & Alcohol Council for substance misuse