Rauceby Hospital was built in 1897 and was designed by George Thomas Hine, Consultant Architect to the Comissioners in Lunacy, perhaps the most famous of asylum architects. It has many of his trademark features such as glazed brown tiles in the corridors. It was originally known as Kesteven County Asylum. It closed in 1997 and a large proportion of the site was converted into residential use in the mid 2000’s – development seems to have stalled for 5-6 years and all is left is bare shells of some wards, the administration block and chapel. The greenhouse found at the far end of the site is the only listed part of the site.