St. David’s Hotel was an Edwardian Era hotel in Harlech, Wales. The building was located on the A496, adjacent to Theatr Harlech (formerly called Theatr Ardudwy) on the campus of Coleg Harlech, and Royal St David’s Golf Club.
The St. David’s Hotel is based on proposals drawn-up in January 1907 by George Walton (Architect), a Glasgow School architect and contemporary of Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The proposals were subsequently revised in 1908, and the hotel was built in 1910.
In 1922, a devastating fire destroyed the interior of the Hotel, so that Walton’s original design commission has been lost.
The hotel closed in 2008 and has laid derelict since. It has been subject to planning application to demolish both the hotel and adjacent former college hall of residence. In its place proposed is a 130 bed hotel and 76 holiday apartments.