Tag Archives: St Lawrences

St Lawrences Asylum, Bodmin

Orginally known as ‘Cornwall County Asylum’ it was founded in 1815 at Westheath Avenue, Bodmin and became known as St Lawrence’s Hospital under the National Health Service. The County Lunatic Asylum, for the reception of private patients and pauper lunatics, a little to the west of the Town of Bodmin …

Read More »