West Park Hospital or ‘West Park Asylum’ as it is more commonly called was founded in 1912 & competed by 1924.
West Park was the last mental hospital to be developed on the Horton Estate, having been planned since 1906, prior to the opening of neighbouring Long Grove asylum. Initial development to have been completed for opening in 1916. From 1917 the main hospital was largely complete and utilised by Canadian Military, and subsequently handed back to London county council. The complete hospital was anticipated to hold approximately 2,000 patients of mixed class. The hospital started a phase closure in 2003 and by 2005 was almost completely disued except for some male wards and other little area on the site.